Bullying is NEVER acceptable and WILL NOT be tolerated at Brook Mead Academy.
At Brook Mead Academy, we ALL have a responsibility to prevent bullying and take action by being an “upstander” when bullying or peer-on-peer abuse is observed. All staff and scholars have signed our anti-bullying charter which identifies our whole school pledge in promoting a happy and safe environment for everyone.
Some kinds of bullying:
- Persistently not following our ‘hands off’ rule – pushing, kicking, hitting, taking someone else’s belongings
- Persistently being unkind – name-calling, making threats, making unpleasant or rude comments, refusing to talk to someone, gossiping, spreading rumours, purposefully leaving someone else out.
- Cyber bullying – sending bullying messages by text, phone calls, video-clips, email; using Facebook, Twitter or websites to spread rumours or to make unpleasant comments.
Some kinds of peer-on-peer abuse:
- Touching another person or their clothes without consent.
- Talking about someone else’s appearance.
- Making comments about someone else’s body.
- Telling inappropriate or rude jokes.
The most important thing to remember is that being bullied or harmed is NEVER your fault. There is nothing wrong with you and you do not have to go through it alone. If you are being bullied or are worried that someone else is being bullied, please report it through one of the following routes:
- Talk to your tutor or any other teacher you trust.
- Report to Mrs Aylmer or Miss Samuel.
- Report through our safeguarding email – [email protected]