The SEND Local Offer is here to help you understand what services are available for your child and to help you find the right service for you.
We can help you find services for children and young people with SEND up to the age of 25. You can start finding services by searching on this website.
In addition to helping you find services, the Local Offer:
- Helps you understand what academies and service providers are required to do for SEND children and young people
- Helps the parents and carers of young people with SEND find support for themselves
- Clarifies who is responsible for services for SEND children and young people
- Gives you the information you need to ensure your SEND child can thrive
Please see the below useful information sites and leaflets:
- LCC – My Choice Website https://mychoice.leicester.gov.uk
- LCC Inclusive Provision for SEND pupils in mainstream school’s
- DFE Letter – New arrangements for supporting children with SEND – Aug 2014
If you have any queries regarding Special Educational Needs & Disabilities, please speak to our SENDCo. (Details to follow)