At Brook Mead Academy we consider quality Careers Guidance to be an essential part of academy life for our pupils. Quality Careers Guidance can act as a motivator in each pupils drive for success at Brook Mead.
Are you an employer or provider who would like to add to one of our events or help us with our careers work? Please click here
Progress to date against the Gatsby Benchmarks will be updated in due course.
Student entitlement to careers education includes
- Individual guidance from our Careers Advisors
- Comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training, Apprenticeship and Employment
- Opportunity for career and job exploration through links to the school curriculum and independent learning
- Support and guidance throughout the college application process
Please use the below link to access further information.
Are you an employer, education or training provider who would like to add to one of our events or help us with our careers work?
We have a number of events in our careers program which would offer you an opportunity to come into school to speak to students and/or their parents/carers.
These include assemblies, careers evenings, input in lessons and drop in sessions at lunch time and after school. We welcome all offers and would love to hear from you.
Our aim is to ensure that our students have up to date information on the full range opportunities available at you establishment and understand what they need to do to achieve their career goals.
|What we can offer you||You can help us by:|
|Access to students who may be part of your future workforce||Raising the aspirations of our students|
|Raise your profile to the next generation of learners / employees||Making students aware of the range of opportunities available to them|
|Young minds to help solve your business problems||Encouraging students to thinking beyond Yr11|
|Students who will make well informed choices and have the necessary employability skills to take then into the world of work||Helping students to understand the world of work and build employability skills|
|Students to undertake live briefs (market research)||Supporting us by being part of our Yr11 mock interview panel|
|Give you the opportunity to contribute to the your wider community||Working with groups of students (big / small)|
|Supporting with CV writing workshops|
|Hosting experience days|
Procedure: A provider wishing to request access should contact Ms Rita Hindocha, in the first instance.
Telephone: 0116 241 3148
Email: [email protected]
To read our Provider Access Policy Statement and our Safeguarding Policy please see our Polices Page
Labour Market Information
The world of work is continually changing and you may wonder what future employment opportunities will look like. Looking at future trends, the area around you, and the different ways in which we work can help you to plan your future career.
What is the ‘labour market’?
Labour market information can tell you:
- The number of people in certain types of jobs
- What jobs and skills employers are looking for
- Which industries are recruiting and where they are located
- Growing or declining job areas and general employment trends
When thinking about your career ideas it is useful to consider what is happening in the labour market; consider what is happening around you and always have ‘back up’ ideas.
(World of Work – Leicestershire booklet – produced by LLEP)
Take a look at the following links to find out more about employment trends and sector growth in Leicester, Leicestershire and the East Midlands:
- Guide to the local labour market – The Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) labour market guide for young people and adults.
- World of Work Guide – Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) – labour market guide for young people. This booklet summarises different work sectors across the LLEP area, numbers of people employed in those areas, which jobs are in demand skills that employers value and suggested links to find out more about working in that sector.
- East Midlands Labour Market Information – information about employment trends, sector growth and current job areas in Leicester, Leicestershire and the East Midlands.
- Labour Insight Reports – Leicestershire (September 2019) The Labour Insight tool provides valuable up to date labour market information that can be used to support people with their career and job choices. The reports show the types of roles on offer and the types of skills employers are looking for.
- LMI for All: Careerometer Widget:
The widget can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations help of learn about different occupations and identify potential careers. It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
Top 20 Jobs of the Future
Click the link to find out more Top 20 jobs of the future
The Baker Clause
RMA work closely with local post 16 providers and local higher education providers, both academic and vocational, as well as representatives from a wide range of career sectors to support our students. If you are an employer who would like to add to one of our events or help us with our careers work? click here for our Provider Access Policy.