Moving up from year 6
We work to ensure a smooth and worry-free start for our new Year 7 scholars and therefore have a carefully designed programme of transition activities which begins as soon as we receive our list of pupils on March 1st each year:
- A welcome message to parents / carers from the Principal in March.
- An invitation to visit the school in March.
- Inviting small groups to visit us with year 6 teachers in April or May.
- More short visits for those with additional needs.
- Our staff visiting our allocated pupils in their schools. We with staff in your child’s primary school to find out a little more about each of our new scholars so we can make sure we have all the information we need to enable a successful start for your child.
- A full induction day in late June or early July for all scholars joining us.
- An induction evening for parents.
- Letters from our scholars to year 6 pupils.
- Welcome message from our scholars on our website.
- Sending out a Guide to Brook Mead Academy from our scholars.
Our Transition Programme ensures new scholars feel happy, settled and secure from their very first day at secondary school.
Meet the Founding Team