Free School Meals
At Brook Mead Academy we have a number of measures in place to ensure everyone receives an equal opportunity. If a student is receiving Free School Meals, this allows the student to have a free hot or cold meal of their choice at lunchtime. It also means the student will receive other support such as reduced costs for school trips or support with purchasing revision resources.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- National asylum seeker support
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
If a student is eligible, they receive their Free School Meals top-up on their ID card automatically.
Further information on free school meals can be obtained from Leicester City Council.
We would be happy to help you if needed. Please book an appointment through the school’s Office.